Is Epcot for Kids? We think so! At first glance Epcot might not look like the best choice for kids, but with a little planning you can enjoy the food and culture as a family. On our recent visit we discovered so much to do at Epcot for kids and we can’t wait to go back.
This post may contain affiliates.
Have you ever wanted to stroll the streets of Paris or explore a temple in Japan? What about dine on delicious cuisine from eleven different countries in one day?
One of the activities we believe you must do at Epcot is explore the World Showcase. At Epcot’s World Showcase you have an opportunity to experience different cultures around the world, without ever leaving the United States.
The World Showcase highlights the beauty and culture of eleven different countries allowing guests to fall in love with the cultures without ever needing a passport.
The most common question I get asked is – Is Epcot fun for kids?
The answer is yes!! Let your kids guide the way with their curiosity and excitement, as you explore the different areas of the World Showcase.
Epcot is divided into two distinct sections: Future World and the World Showcase. Future World is undergoing an extreme transformation and is in the middle of a huge renovation. For this artile I am focusing on exploring the world showcase with kids.
Epcot for Kids: Best Way to Explore the World Showcase
We have visited Epcot many times and it is one of our favorite Disney theme parks. The World Showcase is one of the great things to do at Epcot with kids, but for some reason we never devoted time to explore the countries and experience it.
On our most recent visit we decided to spend the larger part of our day at the World Showcase and we ended up discovering so many interesting Epcot activities.
Related Post: Best FastPass Rides at Epcot with Kids
Epcot with Kids World Showcase Itinerary
There are two entrances to Epcot. If you are arriving by the Disney Skyliner, you will enter between the France and United Kingdom pavilion. If you enter at the front of the park, you can choose to start your day at Mexico or Canada.
Where you start depends on your priorities and strategy. If you want to ride the Frozen Ever After attraction first, you will start at the Mexico pavilion and walk to Norway as soon as the park opens. After you ride you can take your time to explore the rest of the World Showcase.
We arrived at Epcot from the Riviera Resort which is on the Skyliner. Our first stop was the France pavilion to get breakfast at Les Halles.
Tip: The World Showcase doesn’t open until 11:00am. Les Halles(Bakery) and Frozen Ever After open at park opening.
Our Day at World Showcase in Epcot with Kids
- Start with Breakfast at Les Halles in France
- Ride Future World attractions until World Showcase opens at 11:00am.
- United Kingdom
- The American Adventure
You can mix and match this itinerary any way you would like that works with your family’s plans at Epcot. Keep in mind your FastPass reservations and dining reservations.
Check Disney World ticket Prices here!
KidCot at Epcot
The KidCot Fun Stops are located at each country in specific locations. At each stop kids can talk to someone from the country they are visiting and receive a sticker and postcard for visiting. If you complete all countries you can receive a World Showcase postcard.
This is a free activity and you can go at your own pace. You can start at any country and do it all in one day or pick and choose where you want to visit. All of my kids thought this was a fun activity at Epcot, and it is great for all ages.
France Pavillion at Epcot
We love discovering new food options and Epcot has so many different options. When traveling with kids I always review the menus before we arrive to make sure the kids know what we will be eating and to make sure there is something for everyone.
Les Halles is a can’t miss Epcot bakery that people were lining up for before the park opened. It is that good! It is also at a great price point for families. We purchased a Biscuit Chocolat(Chocolate Chip Cookie), Baguette, a Palmier(chocoalte elephant ear) and the Roulé Lard and Fromage (Bacon and cheese bread).
This easily fed all of us and cost under $20.00! It was a perfect place to start our day and we considered stopping every morning because it was so good! Check out the menu here.
After that we took our picture in front of the Eifel Tower and continued on to Future World. At this point the World Showcase would not open for 2 hours and we wanted to go do some rides while we waited.
Attractions at the France Pavillion
- Beauty and the Beast Sing Along (15 Minute film featuring songs from Beauty and the Beast
- Impressions de France (18 Minute show of the sites of France)
- KidCot France
- Meet Belle
- Meet Princess Aurora
- Watch the Serveur Amusant (French Acrobat Show)
- Crepes des Chefs de France
- Chefs de France (Table Service/Reservations, $$)
- Monsieur Paul (Signature Dining/Reservations, $$$$)
- L’Artisan des Glaces (Ice Cream)
- Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie (Quick Service, $)
- Les Vins des Chefs de France (Wine)
- Opening Summer 2020: Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure! Remy’s will be a track-less ride attraction added to the France pavilion. It will allow guests to shrink to the size of a rat for an all new adventure.
Canada Pavilion at Epcot
As it got closer to 11:00am we made our way to the Canada Pavilion to start our World Showcase tour. First on our list was the new Canada Far and Wide show. This show offers 360 degree view of some of Canada’s finest views.
We enjoyed the show but it may be difficult for small children to stay focused during it. It is a standing theater but the kids were able to sit on the ground to watch.
Canada is a smaller pavilion with less to explore but the ambiance is very pretty with rolling mountains and water falls. It is worth exploring and stopping at the KidCot location.
Attractions at the Canada Pavilion
- Canada Far and Wide in Circle Vision 360
- KidCot Canada
- Le Cellier Steakhouse (Signature/Reservations, $$$)
- Popcorn in Canada
- Refreshment Port (Here you can purchase Poutine)
United Kingdom Pavilion at Epcot
The United Kingdom is a smaller pavilion with less activities then some other countries but it is charming and cute to explore. My kids always enjoy checking out the red phone booth at the park.
Attractions at the United Kingdom Pavilion
- KidCot at the United Kingdom
- Meet Winnie the Pooh
- Meet Alice
- Meet Mary Poppins
- British Revolution Band
- Rose & Crown Pub Musician
- Rose and Crown Pub and Dining (Table Service/Reservations, $$)
- Yorkshire County Fish Shop (Quick Service, $)
- Coming Soon: A brand new Mary Poppins attraction. We don’t know much about opening date or what this attraction will be but we are excited to add this beloved classic to the United Kingdom.
France is the next pavillion but since we visited early in the day we walked on to Morocco.
Morocco Pavilion at Epcot
Morocco is a beautiful pavilion that can be missed if you move to fast. We took the time to explore and walk through to see the details throughout this area.
Attractions at the Morocco Pavilion
- KidCot at Morocco
- Gallery of Art and History (A walk through gallery of the race in the Sahara.)
- Meet Princess Jasmine
- Tangierine Cafe (Quick Service, $)
- Restaurant Marrakesh (Table Service, $$)
- Spice Road Table
Japan Pavilion at Epcot
The Japan pavilion is stunning. There are many different areas to explore and overall we really enjoy this area. We also ate lunch in this area at the quick service restaurant Katsura Grill.
When we arrived we headed straight to lunch for teriyaki chicken, and then explored the gift shop to purchase Japanese candy. When we were planning our trip the kids mentioned they would like to try this so we added it to our itinerary. We also explored the Bijutsu-kan Gallery.
Attractions at the Japan Pavilion
- KidCot Japan
- Bijutsu-kan Gallery (A gallery that explores the kawaii-“cute” culture)
- Kabuki Cafe
- Takumi-Tei (Signature/Reservations, $$$$)
- Teppan Edo (Table Service/Reservations, $$)
- Tokyo Dining (Table Service/Reservations, $$)
- Katsura Grill (Quick Service, $)
- Watch the Matsuriza Show (Drum show that runs daily.)
The American Adventure Pavilion at Epcot
I was really excited to see the American Adventure show that is a 30 minute audio-animatronic show of American history. This show is a bit long for preschool kids but older children should be okay.
The audio-animatronics are impressive and it’s a great place to rest your feet and escape the heat. There is also a brand new restaurant at the American Adventure pavilion that I would love to try. It is called Regal Eagle Smokehouse.
Attractions at the American Adventure
- The American Adventure
- American Heritage Gallery
- KidCot The American Adventure
- Regal Eagle Smokehouse (Quick Service, $)
- Fife & Drum Tavern
- Espresso, Coffee, and Pastries
- Voices of Liberty (a cappella group singing patriotic music)
Italy Pavilion at Epcot
Italy is a small pavilion that will not take long to explore. The best time to visit is during the juggler and mime show, Sergio. Also there is a KidCot in this location and an amazing pizza place.
Attractions at the Italy Pavilion
- KidCot at Italy
- Gelati (Quick Service/Gelato, $)
- Tutto Italia Ristorante (Table Service/Reservations, $$)
- Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar
- Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria (Table Service/Reservations, $$)
- Sergio (Mime/Juggler Show)
Germany Pavilion at Epcot
The Germany pavilion has a really impressive model train set as soon as you enter, coming from Italy. Kids love watching the trains and noticing all the details in this area. Germany also has a caramel shop that has the best treats!
Attractions at Germany Pavilion
- KidCot Germany
- Model Train set
- Meet Snow White
- Biergarten Restaurant (Table Service/Reservations, $$$)
China Pavilion at Epcot
The China pavilion is another one that is impressive. The size and attention to detail is makes this area very immersive. We planned on watching the Reflections of China show but ended up missing the time. Instead we explored the Shanghai Disney gallery.
Attractions at the China Pavilion
- Reflections of China (14 minute Circle-Vision 360 degree film)
- KidCot China
- House of the Whispering Willows (Sneak Peek at Shanghai Disney Resort)
- Meet Mulan
- Joy of Tea
- Nine Dragons Restaurant (Table Service/Reservations, $$)
- Lotus Blosson Cafe (Quick Service, $)
- Jeweled Dragon Acrobats Show
Norway Pavilion at Epcot
The Norway Pavilion is the busiest area of the World Showcase due to the popularity of the Frozen Ever After attraction. I do expect this to balance out more in the upcoming years when Remy and Mary Poppins open, but it is a very popular attraction.
If you are following our itinerary I suggest you ride Frozen Ever After at park opening or reserve a FastPass. Stand-By wait time are typically 1-2 hours. I love this attraction and if you are a Frozen fan I think it is a great attraction. You can also meet Anna and Elsa in this area of the park.
Attractions at Norway
- Frozen Ever After (Ride at Rope Drop or Secure a FastPass)
- KidCot Norway
- Stave Church Gallery (Small walk through gallery)
- Meet Anna & Elsa
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Character/Princess Dining/Reservations, $$$$)
- Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe (Quick Service/Bakery, $)
Mexico Pavilion at Epcot
We really enjoy the Mexico Pavilion because it has an exhibit of one of our favorite Disney movies, Coco. As you enter the ruins you will find the Coco Gallery, a ride, shopping, and a sit down restaurant inside. This is a great place to escape the heat.
We always ride the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros and the wait times are typically under 15 minutes. This is a great final stop on your world showcase tour to relax on this Donald Duck boat ride attraction.
Attractions at the Mexico Pavilion
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
- KidCot Mexico
- Mexico Folk Art Gallery (Remember Me Coco Exhibit)
- Meet Donald Duck
- San Angel Inn Restaurante (Table Service/Reservations, $$)
- La Cantina de San Angel (Quick Service, $)
- La Hacienda de San Angel (Table Service/Reservations, $$)
- Mariachi Cobre
- Marimba de las Americas (Band)
- Viva Mexico (Band)
As you can tell we really enjoyed exploring the World Showcase. From trying new cuisines to learning more about the culture of difference countries, we discovered there is so much at Epcot for kids to explore and enjoy.