During my media weekend at Hershey’s Sweet Welcome we received an inside look into what is new at Hersheypark. The highlights are the new Hersheypark attraction: Reese’s Cupfusion as well as a few more ways to make your visit to Hersheypark that much sweeter.
Hersheypark is continuously changing and making the guests experience better and exciting. The new additions for 2019 at Hersheypark has something that the entire family will love!
What’s New at Hersheypark for 2019
Guests will become a Reese’s Agent Trainee and will embark on a mission to keep Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in our world under the guidance of Hersheypark’s new character Commander Cup.
As a trainee you will use amplifiers and shoot at targets to power the factory and defeat Mint the Merciless. Guests can continue to unlock items and beat their scores visit after visit.
This family ride will require a 36 inch height requirement and be a hit with kids of all ages. Reese’s Cupfusion opens May 25, 2019!!
The Reese’s Cupfusion mission continues outside the attraction with two kiddie rides taken over by Mint the Merciless and the League of Misfit Candy. You will also have an opportunity to meet the new characters and try some of the newly inspired treats throughout the park.
As a family we are really excited about this and it was awesome to tour inside and take a look at what the ride vehicle looks like. I can’t wait to go back to visit and see the finished attraction.
HPGO is the latest technology integrated into the newest guest platform at Hersheypark. HPGO will allow guests to use a wrist band to keep track of their scores on Reese’s Cupfusion as well as utilize the Fast Track options at the park. The wristbands will integrate with the Hersheypark app and create a seamless way for guests to enjoy the park.
Fast Track allows you to skip the regular line on 13 features attracations. There are two options:
- Fast Track- Skip the regular line once for each of the 13 featured attractions, $39 per day.
- Fast Track Unlimited-Skip the regular line for all 13 featured attractions all day long. $49 per day.
- Fast Track is an add on and must be purchased in addition to your park admission ticket.
- For an additional fee you can also add on the newest water park attractions, Breakers Edge and Whitecap Racer.
- The featured attractions are:
- Great Bear
- Breakers Edge Water Coaster(Inside Water Park)
- Hershey Triple Tower
- Laff Trak
- Lightning Racer
- Reese’s Cupfusion
- Sooper Dooper Looper
- Whitecap Racer (Inside Water Park)
- Wild Mouse
- Wild Cat
The Carrousel Turns 100
The Hersheypark Carrousel turns 100 this year and although it hasn’t spent its entirety at Hersheypark it has become a guest favorite year after year. The carousel is one of the oldest in the country and features the original hand carved horses. This is a huge part of guests visit to Hersheypark and most people say it is their first and last ride of their visit.
New Inspired Treats Coming to the Park
The King Sized Shakes from Simply Chocolate will have all new inspired shakes. Along with the other amazing shakes there will be a Reese’s, Mint, and Carrousel inspired one.
Chocolatetown at Hersheypark will arrive in 2020
Hersheypark Chocolatetown is the biggest expansion in Hersheypark history. It is going to be huge! Not only are they adding new dining options Chocolatetown will be open year round for guests to enjoy.
Guests can expect a new entrance to the park as well as an addition of the 15th roller coaster. They are also moving the carrousel and adding a great family photo spot: a kisses fountain.
Outside of the park entrance will be a full entertainment complex that includes:
- Restaurant, Bar & Patio – Largest full-service themed restaurant in Hershey
- Ice Cream Parlor and Confectionary Scratch Kitchen
- 2,200-square-foot Starbucks® Store
- Largest Kettle Corn location at Hersheypark
- Flagship Store with the largest collection of Hersheypark merchandise.
Hershey Chocolatetown opens in Summer 2020! Check out Video!
Hersheypark has so many new attractions and entertainment in the next few years. It is going to be top of our list for our next family friendly vacation destination.
Planning a Trip to Hershey? More Articles:
- Hershey Lodge and Water Park Review
- Visiting Hersheypark for Halloween
- 25 Awesome Things to Do in Hershey