Art of Animation Resort is a value resort located at Walt Disney World. It is located in the World Wide Sports Area and offers bus transportation to and from the parks. It also has family suites as well as the largest pool on Disney property. Read our full Disney Art of Animation Resort review and decide if this resort is a good fit for your family.
From the moment you step inside the lobby of Art of Animation you are surrounded by the creative designs of some of Disney’s best movies. The four movies that the Art of Animation resort is themed around are: The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Cars, and Finding Nemo. There is something to love about each of the areas and you will find something special at each area of the resort.
Art of Animation resort has been on our families list of places to stay at Walt Disney World since it opened in 2012. Our first family visit we had a room booked but had to change it when we found a great special offer at Pop Century resort. We really enjoyed our stay at Pop Century and we always try to save money when we can on vacation, but I couldn’t wait to try Art of Animation resort on a future trip.
We finally had our chance to stay at the resort and I was so excited. I love everything about Disney and the imagination that goes into planning their resorts. I couldn’t wait to check it out!
When deciding on a resort for my family I have a list of things I like to know.
- Room Size and Sleeping Situation-There are 5 of us and we need enough space.
- On-Site Entertainment- Pools & Daily Kid Activities
- Food-Where to Eat and Is it Kid Friendly
- Extras- Parking Fees, Transportation, etc.
All of the criteria above help me decide if the resort will be a good fit for my family. I do this for every place we stay when we are planning a family trip. I like to be prepared and make sure it will work for my family.
What You Need to Know: Disney Art of Animation Resort Review
Art of Animation Resort Rooms
Art of Animation resort has two types of rooms: Standard Rooms and the Family Suites.
The Standard Rooms are all themed with The Little Mermaid and will fit up to 4 people.
The Family Suites are themed to Finding Nemo, Cars, and The Lion King. These rooms fit up to 6 people. The Finding Nemo rooms typically cost the most because they are close to the lobby and the main pool.
The Little Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation Resort
The Little Mermaid Rooms have two double beds or one king bed and can fit up to 4 people. They are located in The Little Mermaid area of the resort. This area is the farthest from the lobby but there is a parking lot close. Each area has a parking lot so you do not need to carry all your luggage through the entire resort.
The Little Mermaid area also has its own pool. We liked this pool because it was quiet and big enough for the kids to play. The area is also surrounded by favorite Little Mermaid characters and is fun to explore.
Disney Art of Animation Family Suites
There are three themed family suites at Art of Animation. They are Finding Nemo, The Lion King, and Cars. All of the family suites can accommodate up to 6 people. There is a bedroom with a queen bed, two bathrooms, a pull out sofa, and a murphy bed. We stayed in the Nemo area and loved the theme of the room.
Finding Nemo Suite at Art of Animation
- Largest Pool
- Splash Pad
- Close to Lobby
- Busiest Pool
- Music is Played Under Water at the Pool!
- Rooms are themed to the characters from Finding Nemo.
- Typically cost about $10 a night more than the other suites.
Cars Suite at Art of Animation
- Short walk to lobby
- Fun Cars photo-ops throughout the area.
- Best themed area of resort.
- Pool has cabanas that are on a first come first serve basis.
- Smallest pool at resort.
Lion King Suite at Art of Animation
- Short walk to lobby.
- No pool.
- Fun play areas.
When deciding what room to stay in it really comes down to personal preference. You can’t go wrong with any of the rooms. Your kids will love them all!!
If you have a kid who loves The Lion King stay there. Is there a princess in your family? The Little Mermaid room would be a great fit. You can explore any area of the resort and use all the pools and playgrounds so there is no wrong choice!
Art of Animation Resort Food & Entertainment
Landscape of Flavors
Art of Animation has a main quick service eating area called Landscape of Flavors. It is one of the best quick service restaurants on Disney property and is easy for families that want to grab a quick bite or order a pizza after a long day at the parks. There is not a sit-down restaurant on property.
During check-in you will receive the guide to what is going on daily at the resort. Most days there are fun games at the pool in the afternoon and nightly outdoor movies are shown. You can also learn how to be an artist with lessons in the lobby or spend time at the arcade.
Our Art of Animation Resort Video:
Things to Know About Art of Animation Resort
- Standard and Family Suites available.
- Most expensive of the value resorts.
- Best Disney themed resort on property.
- As of March 21, 2018 all Disney resort guests will be charged a nightly parking fee. Art of Animation fee is $13.00 a night.
- You do not need to stay at the resort to visit and are welcome to eat and explore the resort. Only guests staying at the resort can use the pools.
- All guests can use the Disney Bus Transportation to and from the theme parks, water parks, and Disney Springs.
- Coming Soon to Art of Animation resort: Gondola transportation to Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
More Walt Disney World Posts:
- 12 Ways to Spend a Rest Day at Walt Disney World
- What You Need to Know for Your First Visit to Walt Disney World
- Simple Tips to Make FastPass+ Reservations